The purpose of this study is to measure changes in smoking behavior during and following sampling of an e-cigarette product. E-cigarettes are classified by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as a tobacco product, though they contain no tobacco. Unlike regular cigarettes, which are burned (creating smoke that is inhaled), e-cigarettes include a heating element that vaporizes nicotine. E-cigarettes are likely much safer than conventional cigarettes, but they may not be entirely safe. We are testing the effects of one specific e-cigarette (NJoy) on smoking behavior. Neither the tobacco industry nor any e-cigarette manufacturer provides support of any kind to this study. There is no requirement to quit smoking in this study.
This is a research study to find out if smoking cessation medications, either varenicline or nicotine replacement products (patches or lozenges), are effective when given to smokers, remotely, as a one-time sample.
Participants will either receive a sample of varenicline, nicotine patches and lozenges, or neither. This will be decided randomly. Participants have a 50%chance of receiving varenicline, a 25% chance of receiving nicotine products, and a 25% chance of receiving neither. If the participant is assigned to a group that receives free samples, they will be mailed to them free of charge. There is no requirement to use them, and it is completely up to the participants. There is also no requirement to quit in this study.
The study lasts for six months, and will involve six total surveys. In addition, we ask that participants complete daily diaries (about 1 minute each) for the first 4 weeks of the study. Both varenicline and nicotine replacement products are well-established medications that help smokers quit.
The purpose of this research study is to evaluate Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) delivered via tele-health for young children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and disruptive behavior problems. Participants will go through a screening to determine eligibility. Once screening is complete, participants will complete a pre-therapy assessment in clinic, followed by 10 telehealth sessions one time per week. Participants will then be asked to complete an in-person post-therapy assessment and follow-up questionnaires will be re-administered 3 months following the completion of therapy.